Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Week of Feb 22-26

For this week, I spent the majority of my Tuesday doing an office change. That is one big thing about working on a campaign, you have to be flexible with your time, location and abilities. SO on Tuesday I was a mover and fundraiser and a social networking buff. I am spending more time on the phone for my internship, getting supporters and contacting those from the past. It is sort of fun to be able to contact people all over the state, but also a little intimidating when not everyone is extremely nice. It is really amazing though to see the amount of money that civilians will put towards politicians. You think that campaign goals are really lofty, as far as the amount of money you need to raise, but it is surprisingly easy. I am also working on a special project were are doing here at the campaign. Trying to incorporate support blogs into our campaign Web site. It is a good way to get volunteers and supporters more interactive in the campaign and doing some of the same work that we do.

I am also helping on a fund raising initiative on campus as well as an opportunity for people to get registered to vote. We are hoping that by reaching out to students and helping them register there will be more of a voter turnout. I know that myself the registering part is what kept me from voting for a long time, therefore I thought it was a good idea to set something like that up on campus.

Hours: Tuesday/ Thursday 9-6

No comments:

Post a Comment