One of the most interesting things about working on a campaign is seeing how much of an influence social media has on the fund raising, publicity, etc. Social media is becoming such an important part of public relations and really any sort of networking for companies, etc. that I am glad I am getting a lot of experience. There are certain ways to effectively use social media and I am getting to know these very well from the media director on the campaign. I know that in a previous blog I have mentioned that a lot of my work is with social media for the campaign, but I am currently working on a new project. When trying to get support for a political candidate, it is important to not only ask for money but give people room to share their experiences and involvement. People respond positively when they feel like they are needed for something. I am currently trying to develop a blog on the Web site for donors and volunteers to post why they support the candidate. It is a very vital part of the Web site because it gives people a chance to share their reasons, both political and personal, for their endorsement. This is a pretty time consuming task to take on because it requires a lot of effort in contacting people and editing their blogs. Something I learned about social networking is that it is usually done by a team rather than an individual.
**this week I worked mainly on the social networking part of the campaign and helped build a support blog for the Web site. I worked 9-6 on Tuesday/Thursday.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment