What I am continuing to discover is the difference between vacation for a student and for someone who has a full time job. Even though I am an intern, working for class credit and not for pay, I still feel like it is difficult to go out of town for long periods of time and abandon my responsibilities. For the past three years of college, I have gone on spring break and forgotten about all school work. This year was different. Since getting this internship, I have felt as though I have to stay connected with people 24/7. I constantly check my email for notices from people at the office as well as volunteers for the campaign. The week before spring break, I went into the office on Friday afternoon for 3 hours to help set up new areas for volunteers to come in and help. As the campaign continues to pick up pace, there will be more need space.
Also, during the week of spring break I spent a total of five hours answering emails and polishing up the biography I was working on. This was a new experience for my spring break. I was not use to doing work on vacation. This is preparing me for what is to come after graduation, a lot less vacation time.
Spring Break: 8 hours
No comments:
Post a Comment