Sunday, April 25, 2010

April 20

Today was a similar day for me. I spent the morning working on lists containing information about contributors to past campaigns. This is an important aspect of fundraising because it lets us find out who our target audience is for events and calls. The more you know about big contributors the more you have to stand on when contacting them. This is a tedious process because I have to use a database that contains tons of information about these people and I have had to sort through it all.

I am starting to become a pro at excel.

Also, we have a major event coming up one week from today and I have been trying to do publicity for that. I have been using the Facebook event invitation aspect and have had a very positive response. I am working on a target publics for the invites. I am trying to get members of the candidates sorority, both active and alum, to come to the event and I have been contacting them with Facebook and phone calls. I am getting more and more experience on event planning.

It was also the arts festival downtown so I got to take a long lunch to go explore that. I have never been and thought it was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment