This was a week full of some repetitive tasks. I spent a lot of time with getting Google News Alerts and posting them on blogs, Web sites, etc. in order to get good press out about the campaign. It gets tiring sifting through all the Web traffic but has ultimately taught me a lot about social networking. As usual, I made phone calls to volunteers and sent out Facebook invites and event pages. This is something that I am very familiar with and helps to reach certain demographics. We also started a big push to get summer interns to come work on the campaign. I drafted that email and helped start the circulation of that. It is something I hope people from OU will become a part of.
We also received contribution lists from other states. These lists contained the names and donations of people who give to similar parties and candidates. It is important on campaigns to sift through the names of these people and see if there is a possibility for donation. This became my job for the later part of the week was to do background research on certain demographics.
Tues/Thurs 9-6
Monday, April 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment