Thursday, April 8, 2010

Tuesday April 6th. FORUM.

Today I became very familiar with google news alerts and how it can both help and hurt a campaign. Google news alerts you can set so that if anything is posted on the internet, social networking site, etc. it is sent to your alerts and you can then read the entirety of whatever it is. When working for politicians or any government agency, this is an important tool because it keeps you ahead of what most of the public reads. Since most people do not get these types of alerts you are able to deal with the information or manipulate. In some ways, you can minimize any bad press by "flooding" news alerts with positives. I spent a lot of today compiling these alerts for my candidate and posting news releases on the web site subsequent to this coverage.

I also attended a forum today that was for the APAC, an architectural political action committee.This was interesting to see because I got to see how a panel of candidates react to each other and an audience. I was at the forum to help tape and record the panel while sporadically tweeting quotes and updates for followers. This is a way we have found that people can follow the campaign closely to events the public may not attend.

Tuesday: 9-6:30

No comments:

Post a Comment